[GRASS-dev] Importing large data into GRASS

Markus Metz markus.metz.giswork at gmail.com
Mon Feb 11 03:27:08 PST 2013

On Mon, Feb 11, 2013 at 11:30 AM, Rashad M <mohammedrashadkm at gmail.com> wrote:
> But I need the whole data and to do some geo processing over it.

OK. In contrast to GADM v1, GADM v2 contains a lot of floating point
representation errors in the coordinates, most probably created by the
software used to create GADM v2. You need to perform additional
cleaning with snapping to a very small threshold, i.e. v.in.ogr
snap=1e-7. And you should use GRASS 7 for the import of large vector
data, because the import may not work with GRASS 6.

Markus M