[GRASS-dev] Bash aliases in GRASS

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Sat Feb 16 01:52:34 PST 2013

Nikos Alexandris wrote:

> > #export GISBASE=/opt/grass-7.0.svn
> > export GISBASE=/usr/local/src/grass/svn/dist.x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu
>
> Shouldn't the following:
>
> > tmp=/tmp/grass6-"`whoami`"-$GIS_LOCK
>
> be rather: tmp=/tmp/grass7-"`whoami`"-$GIS_LOCK

The name really doesn't matter. GRASS only ever accesses the file via
the GISRC environment variable.

> > export GISRC="$tmp/gisrc"
> > mkdir "$tmp"
>
> and the following:
>
> > cp ~/.grassrc6 "$GISRC"
>
> be rather: cp ~/.grass7/rc "$GISRC"

Again, it doesn't actually matter unless the same file is supposed to
be used when creating a GRASS session via the startup script.

FWIW, I do have a ~/.grass7/rc file; the timestamp is Feb 2010, which
shows how often I run the startup script.