[GRASS-dev] Additional switch(es) for <g.mapsets>?

Nikos Alexandris nik at nikosalexandris.net
Sun Feb 17 09:51:43 PST 2013

Nikos Alexandris:

> > A use case is, for example, that I need to selectively use  i.landsat.toar
> >  on many Mapsets (that is, on many Landsat scenes) with the default
> > method(=uncorrected) and produce At-Sensor-Reflectances while performing
> > conversion to Top-of-Atmosphere Radiance with  i.landsat.toar's  "-r"
> > switch.

> > Currently, in bash-scripting G7, I try first to remove access to all
> > mapsets but the current (of course) as follows:

> > # one-liner!
> > g.mapsets mapset=$(g.mapsets -p sep=newline | grep -v `g.mapset -p` | tr
> > "\n" ",") operation=remove

Martin Landa:

> If I understood well, you want something like
> g.mapsets set=<current_mapset>
> ?

I think yes!

But maybe "set" is enough? Didn't play with it much.

e.g.:

- available Mapsets: A, B , C, D, E1, E2, E3, E4
- accessible Mapsets: A, B, E1, E4
- the task is to loop over all E?s (that is, E1, E2, E3, E4) and do something

so:

- inside A
- launch loop
- enter in E1, remove all but E1 from being accessible, do something
- enter in E2 and, keep access only to E2, do something
- and so on...

thnx, Nikos