[GRASS-dev] Additional switch(es) for <g.mapsets>?

Martin Landa landa.martin at gmail.com
Tue Feb 19 04:21:36 PST 2013

Hi,

2013/2/19 Markus Metz <markus.metz.giswork at gmail.com>:
> I don't think you need another gui starter command. What the parser is
> doing right now is sufficient. The parser calls
> gui/wxpython/gui_core/forms.py which in turn brings up the appropriate
> interface. The only modification that is needed is make forms.py bring
> up the customized interface. This solution would not require a special
> flag and no special gui starter command. You would then fire up a
> module from the command line without arguments and get the same
> interface like when calling it from the gui menu.

probably related issue. Some of modules have customized GUI front-end,
eg. i.group or r.mapcalc. Currently if you type in wxGUI console (G7)
e.g.

i.group

it launches customized GUI front-end

i.group --ui

launches autogenerated GUI form.

Launching i.group from command line always brings autogenerated GUI dialog.

Martin