[GRASS-dev] Additional switch(es) for <g.mapsets>?

Vaclav Petras wenzeslaus at gmail.com
Tue Feb 19 08:20:17 PST 2013

So it seems that we want to start alternative GUI for module if exists
(as MarkusM's proposed) instead of auto-generated.

So, i.group would launch customized GUI. This is clear and does not
require to introduce new special modules. So it seems as a right
solution.

Questions:

1) Is there some key to decide if the auto-generated GUI should be
replaced? Completeness? Support of main features? Discussion for each
module on mailing list?

2) How to invoke the auto-generated GUI? Is this even needed?

On 19 February 2013 13:21, Martin Landa <landa.martin at gmail.com> wrote:
> Currently if you type in wxGUI console (G7)
> e.g.
>
> i.group
>
> it launches customized GUI front-end
>
> i.group --ui
>
> launches autogenerated GUI form.

Something like this could be the solution but --ui in standard command
line has different propose, or not? It forces to run the GUI for
modules with no mandatory parameters. To resolve the conflict a new
parameter such as --stdui would help but this would be a special
parameter only for GUI generator (forms.py). However, I'm not familiar
with the current system (e.g., I don't know why "d.mon" does not start
GUI), so please correct my assumptions if needed.