[GRASS-dev] On (Landsat) imagery naming patterns

Nikos Alexandris nik at nikosalexandris.net
Fri Feb 22 01:49:12 PST 2013

Jorge:

> Hi, I quick review the code of i.landsat.* and the programms never use
> the dot as a part of the output filenames.
> The output names are construct as prefix+suffix not as
> prefix+'.'+suffix. Then, the question is more on 'style' than on
> programmation. The only change needed are in the HTML when a decission
> is taken.

Right!

( I also wrote in the beginning:

Nikos A:
..
> In addition,  the respective manuals for modules like <i.landsat.toar>,
> <i.landsat.acca>, <i.topo.corr> hold in their examples/descriptions (thus,
> someone can easily interpret that these modules "encourage" the use of)
> names like "B.", "B.toar", "toar.5", et.c.
..
)

It's just that people will likely use what the manuals suggest!

> Another quick question: What is the better name to the Landsat 8? tm8 or
> ot8 (from OLI/TIRS 8).

(
If my view counts a small little bit:  "tm8" rings a bell like "thematic
mapper" which is maybe a bit confusing.
)

> I used ot8 in the previous version send to Nikos
> but before send to Markus it could be changed.

Sorry Jorge, don't have the time to test it now.

Thank you once again for your efforts Jorge :-)
Best, Nikos