[GRASS-dev] [GRASS GIS] #1803: GRASS 6.4.3RC1 on Win 7: grass64.bat fails due to UNIX line endings in Init.bat

GRASS GIS trac at osgeo.org
Mon Feb 25 02:43:29 PST 2013

#1803: GRASS 6.4.3RC1 on Win 7: grass64.bat fails due to UNIX line endings in
Init.bat
--------------------------------------+-------------------------------------
 Reporter:  msieczka                  |       Owner:  grass-dev@…
     Type:  defect                    |      Status:  new
      Cpu:  x86-64                    |
--------------------------------------+-------------------------------------

Comment(by hamish):

 Retesting with the 6.4.3svn r55185 nightly build; the svn prop change
 didn't help.

 I assume that's because the Init.bat script is not copied, it is made from
 init.bat(?).

 note that msys nicely provides unix2dos.exe, if we need it at build or
 install time.

 Once resaving Init.bat with DOS newlines, "GRASS Command Line" in the
 cmd.exe window starts, but after esc-enter an error message pops up saying
 "set_data.exe has stopped working (segfault afaict "APPCRASH") do you want
 to check for an online solution or close the program?". If you press
 cancel you get the usual GRASS welcome text but no ascii art, and g.gisenv
 all seems to be ok.

 not sure where to go from here, but the nightly build scripts?

 Hamish

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/1803#comment:12>
GRASS GIS <http://grass.osgeo.org>