[GRASS-dev] [GRASS GIS] #1862: Corrections GRASS 7.0 help files db.connect and v.db.connect

Paulo van Breugel p.vanbreugel at gmail.com
Fri Jan 25 00:31:28 PST 2013

Hi Markus,

OK, as an example, in db.connect, the 'offending' text is under the
'Parameter' heading. The default driver name and the default database
name should change (marked with  >>):

-----------------

driver=name

    Name of database driver

    >> Default: sqlite

database=name

    Name of database

    >> Default: $GISDBASE/$LOCATION_NAME/$MAPSET/sqlite/sqlite.db

schema=name

    Database schema

    Do not use this option if schemas are not supported by driver/database server

group=string

    Default group of database users to which select privilege is granted

--------------------

Just for my understanding, these parts of the manual page are not in the
html file
(http://svn.osgeo.org/grass/grass/trunk/db/db.connect/db.connect.html)
and I assume they are generated / parsed from the actual code? With no
understanding of the source code (I had a look out of curiosity, but
that was an exercise in futility), I was wondering how/if I could
suggest changes that would actually be more helpful then just mentioning
them like above.

Cheers,

Paulo