[GRASS-dev] SRTM plus color table

Michael Barton Michael.Barton at asu.edu
Sun Jan 27 21:18:53 PST 2013

I agree with your synopsis.

I started with the ETOPO2 ocean colors to see if I could improve them somewhat.

I substituted your rule for the one I had for -100. Good on the continental shelf, but it still looked too dark in the deeps. Here is a little more modification.

There are various ways of tweaking color tables for particular locales. I'm looking for something of a compromise that works reasonably well for most ocean depths. Probably not really possible, but I thought I'd play around with it some. I think this one is an improvement over what I did earlier.

-11000 0:0:0
-8000 0:0:50
-5000 10:10:100
-3000 30:30:150
-1000 70:70:200
-100 100:100:225
0 150:150:255

Just the ocean part.

Michael
C. Michael Barton
Arizona State University

voice: 	480-965-6262 (SHESC), 480-727-9746 (CSDC)
fax:          480-965-7671 (SHESC),  480-727-0709 (CSDC)