[GRASS-dev] SRTM plus color table

Michael Barton Michael.Barton at asu.edu
Sun Jan 27 21:27:11 PST 2013

PS: Here's what the color table looks like in an area nearer to you.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/s76xmb7yqz3qgox/Sahul.png

Michael
____________________
C. Michael Barton
Arizona State University

voice: 	480-965-6262 (SHESC), 480-727-9746 (CSDC)
fax:          480-965-7671 (SHESC),  480-727-0709 (CSDC)

On Jan 27, 2013, at 10:18 PM, Michael Barton <Michael.Barton at asu.edu>
 wrote:

> I agree with your synopsis.
>
> I started with the ETOPO2 ocean colors to see if I could improve them somewhat.
>
> I substituted your rule for the one I had for -100. Good on the continental shelf, but it still looked too dark in the deeps. Here is a little more modification.
>
> There are various ways of tweaking color tables for particular locales. I'm looking for something of a compromise that works reasonably well for most ocean depths. Probably not really possible, but I thought I'd play around with it some. I think this one is an improvement over what I did earlier.
>
> -11000 0:0:0
> -8000 0:0:50
> -5000 10:10:100
> -3000 30:30:150
> -1000 70:70:200
> -100 100:100:225
> 0 150:150:255
>
> Just the ocean part.
>
> Michael
> ____________________
> C. Michael Barton
> Director, Center for Social Dynamics & Complexity
> Professor of Anthropology, School of Human Evolution & Social Change
> Arizona State University
>
> voice: 	480-965-6262 (SHESC), 480-727-9746 (CSDC)
> fax:          480-965-7671 (SHESC),  480-727-0709 (CSDC)
> www: http://www.public.asu.edu/~cmbarton, http://csdc.asu.edu
>

> On Jan 27, 2013, at 9:13 PM, Hamish <hamish_b at yahoo.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Michael wrote: