[GRASS-dev] GRASS 7 r.neighbours average method giving incorrect value

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 13 16:05:36 PDT 2013

Glynn:

> For average, median, variance, standard deviation and interspersion,
> the output should always be floating-point (although I'm not entirely
> certain about median).

why not for median? is there any other way to deal with even number of
values in the list? if value will often be 0.5 then round() isn't ideal..
It seems better to consistently say "median will output DCELL" than to
say "depending on the number of input maps, and the number of scattered
NULLs at each grid cell, sometimes median will save the map as CELL if it
can".

or is there some other reason or way to deal with that?

?,
Hamish