[GRASS-dev] [GRASS GIS] #2048: i.pansharpen limited to 8-bit imagery

GRASS GIS trac at osgeo.org
Mon Jul 29 14:33:53 PDT 2013

#2048: i.pansharpen limited to 8-bit imagery
-----------------------------------------------------------------------+----
 Reporter:  nikosa                                                     |       Owner:  grass-dev@…
     Type:  defect                                                     |      Status:  new
      Cpu:  All                                                        |
-----------------------------------------------------------------------+----

Comment(by nikosa):

 Replying to [comment:1 cmbarton]:
 > The question is whether the histogram matching code can handle
 resolutions of >8 bit.
 > And I guess I don't know. Have to make some modifications and see.

 Can we alter the manual somehow?  To show how it can be done (now) with
 [http://grasswiki.osgeo.org/wiki/IKONOS#Pan_Sharpening].

 > That said, the HIS pan sharpening only works with integers, because that
 is a limit of i.rgb.his and i.his.rgb. I don't know if they can handle
 integer ranges outside 0-255, however. You might give it a try to
 transform one of your images with one of these and see what it converts it
 to.

 I can/will try to check. First look in the manual of `i.rgb.his` does not
 mention anything about bit-depth(s).

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/2048#comment:3>
GRASS GIS <http://grass.osgeo.org>