[GRASS-dev] Custom GRASS command line prompt

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 29 17:29:29 PDT 2013

Hamish wrote:

> # example of adding an RGB border color with a #RRGGBB code:
> echo -ne "\033]11;#53186f\007"
> But I think changing the border with a RGB color per mapset
> or location would scale better if you were having a different
> color for each mapset/location.
> Or, for the "MASK present" I'd prefer a red terminal border to the
> extra line on the command prompt, so it might be nice to search out
> what the different escape codes for gnome-terminal et al. might be.

hmm, doesn't work so well.

this sets the border color in xterm:

echo -e "\e]11;#aa186f\007"
CLEAR='\e[2J\e[1;1H'
echo -ne "\e[37m\e[40m$CLEAR"
unset CLEAR

..for the internalBorder Xresource (xterm -b), but as soon as something wraps around column 80 it stops being the border color and becomes the background color.

it would be nice to figure a way to get the border color working properly though since it seems like a nice way to do it.

Hamish