[GRASS-dev] [GRASS GIS] #2048: i.pansharpen limited to 8-bit imagery

GRASS GIS trac at osgeo.org
Tue Jul 30 06:43:28 PDT 2013

#2048: i.pansharpen limited to 8-bit imagery
-----------------------------------------------------------------------+----
 Reporter:  nikosa                                                     |       Owner:  grass-dev@…
     Type:  defect                                                     |      Status:  new
      Cpu:  All                                                        |
-----------------------------------------------------------------------+----

Comment(by mlennert):

 Replying to [comment:4 cmbarton]:
 > If you have an image set that is more than 8bit, I can use it to test
 some things.

 > i.histo.match is a nice module. But its objective is different from
 histogram matching in i.pan.sharpen. So it would need modification to be
 used in this context. When I was writing i.pan.sharpen, I looked at the
 i.histo.match code but it was easier to use a much simpler algorithm. But
 since you know i.histo.match maybe you can see where the code could be
 modified to be used in i.pan.sharpen.

 Your histogram matching code matches the histogram of a source image to
 that of a target image, whereas i.histo.match matches the histogram of
 each given image to the cumulative histogram of all images. Both
 approaches are valid, and both should be available in a histogram matching
 module.

 I think in both modules the routines can probably be improved in terms of
 performance.

 Even though it shouldn't be too complicated to integrate source-target
 matching in i.histo.match, I don't have the time to look into that, now.
 If anyone has a student that needs a project, this would be a nice
 exercise ;-)

 Moritz

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/2048#comment:8>