[GRASS-dev] GSoC - TGRASS temporal algebra status

Thomas Leppelt thomas.leppelt at googlemail.com
Thu Jun 13 02:14:45 PDT 2013

Hi all,

in the last weeks Soeren and I worked intensively on the concept for the
temporal algebra in GRASS. I created a wiki page with an overview of our
concept open for discussion:

http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/wiki/Grass7/TemporalGISAlgebra

Additionally I uploaded a first version of the new created module *v.mapcalc
* to my GSoC project page at code.google:

https://code.google.com/p/grass-gis-temporal-algebra/

This module provides an algebra for overlay and buffer functions on vector
map layers based on PLY (Python Lex-Yacc) and PyGRASS.

In the next step, we will develop the temporal algebra and combine the
vector algebra with it to derive the temporal vector algebra module *
t.vect.mapcalc*.

We are looking forward to your comments

Best regards

Thomas