[GRASS-dev] Proj4 string not shown in loc wiz when creating new location from file

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Tue Jun 18 22:47:40 PDT 2013

On Wed, Jun 19, 2013 at 6:42 AM, Hamish <hamish_b at yahoo.com> wrote:
> MarkusN wrote:
>> greetings from the amazing FOSS4G-CEE here in Bucharest
>> http://2013.foss4g-cee.org/program/schedule
>
> and greetings back to all you meet there, :)
> will your history of geoFOSS slides go online?

Sure:

http://www.slideshare.net/markusN/scaling-up-globally-30-years-of-foss4g-development-keynote-at-foss4gcee-2013-romania

> Is the first term of the above GEOGCS string legit or is it a r.out.gdal string error?

Which string exactly? The file I generated like this:

- new GRASS location with EPSG:3035 from cmd line
- get into it, hence you are in a 1x2 current region
- r.mapcalc "eu_elevation = 1"
- r,out.gdal

Using Proj 4.8.0, 6 March 2012

Markus