[GRASS-dev] GRASS 6.4.3 release planning

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 27 18:04:40 PDT 2013

Helena wrote:

> regarding the r.mapcalc issue in command console on wingrass -
> (sorry I did not make it clear it was for wingrass - it always worked
> well on Mac and linux)

ah, ok, yes it still fails there for me to.

6.4.3svn on XP from the wxGUI command console:

{{{
r.mapcalc "either = 0 || 1"

unterminated string
syntax error, unexpected $end, expecting NAME or STRING
Parse error
'1\""' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
}}}

I've no idea how to fix it.

> It is not critical, windows users can still use the mapcalculator
> GUI where it runs OK, but the r.mapcalc in the command console
> still does not seem to work -

another suggestion to bypass the problem is to start with the MSys or
C:\> command windows; that's actually the default in wingrass7. if a
real terminal should open or not when grass is started with the default
desktop icon remains an open question.

> if I get this confirmed I will file a bug report (I thought I
> already did, but it is not there).

I thought it was there too, maybe it was in the comments of one of
the long tickets about the C:\Files having the \F being treated as
a quoted literal "F"? eg https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/1447

shrug, nothing here:
https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/query?status=assigned&status=new&status=reopened&component=wxGUI&order=priority&col=id&col=summary&col=component&col=status&col=type&col=priority&col=milestone&milestone=!7.0.0&keywords=~wingrass

so maybe it needs its own ticket.

> If it is not fixable it should be at least mentioned on the
> known issues web page
> http://grasswiki.osgeo.org/wiki/WinGRASS_Current_Status#Raster_modules

right, a ticket to refer back to would be good though.

Hamish