[GRASS-dev] repeated problem for installing GRASS for windows

Helena Mitasova hmitaso at ncsu.edu
Tue Mar 5 14:52:42 PST 2013

Michael,

it has been discussed several times and it is in bug tracker - for now I put the info on my course website
so that students don't miss it and that has so far helped to avoid the complaints from the students
http://courses.ncsu.edu/mea582/common/GIS_anal_assign/GIS_Anal_Aintro.html

Also, it is actually right on top of the MS-Windows  installer packages webpage
http://grass.osgeo.org/download/software/ms-windows/
perhaps  it would be useful to put there "if you are getting a message about missing MSVCR71.dll"

Helena

Helena Mitasova
Associate Professor
Department of Marine, Earth, and Atmospheric Sciences
2800 Faucette Drive, Rm. 1125 Jordan Hall
North Carolina State University
Raleigh, NC 27695-8208
hmitaso at ncsu.edu