[GRASS-dev] GRASS 7 wish: Keyword index

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Tue Mar 12 12:49:00 PDT 2013

On Tue, Mar 12, 2013 at 8:34 PM, Vaclav Petras <wenzeslaus at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 12 March 2013 19:45, Markus Neteler <neteler at osgeo.org> wrote:
>> On Tue, Mar 12, 2013 at 6:58 PM, Vaclav Petras <wenzeslaus at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Thinking about the style of keywords.html page, I discovered that the
>>> h2 and h3 have the same font-size in CSS [1]. Is it an intention?
>>
>> I darkly remember that a font smaller than "medium" (used for h4) seems
>> to be too small, so h3 and h4 were made the same.
>> Suggestions are welcome.
>>
> Hm, for me after deleting font-size setting the page looks good. h2 is
> bigger than now, h3 is the same as h2 and h3 now. h2 on module page
> are uppercased, so they may look bit more important by itself. This
> was maybe the reason for setting the same sizes. I tried to set sizes
> and get the same result (same sizes). I'm not satisfied but I don't
> know what to do.

@all:
For fun I have deleted the size definitions on the server. You can
reload the manual to see the effect as suggested by Vaclav.

Next Saturday it will be overwritten unless changes are committed
to SVN.

>>> And about the style itself. I would suggest to use description (dl)
>>> instead of bullet list. The change in code is small but I don't want
>>> to do it without asking others.
>>
>> Can you give an example of improvement?
>>
> It would be the same as the Flags section at module page (the flag
> description is <dl>). It would be cleaner than the current state -- no
> bullets, no double colons. The keyword would be bold (<b>) on separate
> line and the list of modules would be on the other line.

Sounds good to me.

Perhaps, to not mess up the other pages, have some special
keywords style? Could also go into the page header itself.

Markus