[GRASS-dev] RE : formatting expressions for r.mapcalc in GRASS6.4.3

Robert Lagacé Robert.Lagace at fsaa.ulaval.ca
Sun Mar 17 17:09:32 PDT 2013

I look at the code friday night (the file utils.py) and it seems to contains some functions
to deals with Windows/Unix and some 'HACK' as writen in comments.

What is the purposeof the function "split(s)"?

I think that the question/problem is more profond than that this "split()" funtion.

I am developping an application in Python/wxPython that is working on both Linux and Windows.

Wth that experience I will try come back in a few weeks to make a proposal/suggestions.
But does not solve the problem in the mean time. With which version of Python and Windows
the students are working?

Robert Lagacé