[GRASS-dev] GRASS GSoC Vector project

Bipasa Chattopadhyay bipasac2000 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 27 19:12:41 PDT 2013

Hi,

I am a graduate student at University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. I
am interested in working on the Vector project listed on the GRASS ideas
wiki for SOC 2013.

I have looked at the code in vector/Vlib/intersect.c and linecros.c. I
understand
that the project involves implementing the Bentley-Ottman algorithm (and
may be some other efficient algorithm) to replace the current
implementation of the Vect_line_intersection() function and implementing
functions Vect_segment_intersection() and dig_find_intersection() more
efficiently.

I have prior experience coding in C and I have taken a graduate level
algorithms course in which we covered a few sort and search algorithms and
some advanced data structures (binomial heaps, splay trees, B-trees etc). I
really enjoyed this course. If this project is still up for grabs I would
like to contribute to this project.

Thanks,
-Bipasa
www.cs.unc.edu/~bipasa