[GRASS-dev] Applying for GSoC - Image Segmentation

sandeep kumar kumarsandeep2357 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 28 04:57:16 PDT 2013

Hi,

    My name is sandeep and i am doing my MS by Research in Spatial
Informatics at IIIT-Hyderabad. I am a good programmer and a quick learner.
This is the first time i am applying for GSoC.

     Actually, my MS work is OBIA (Object Based Image Analysis) with
watershed segmentation. Though the work is mainly with watershed, i learned
about several other segmentation algorithms(Region growing,mean shift
etc.).

     I went through the GSoC-2013 ideas page and thought that the image
segmentation idea is quite apt for me to work on. That way i can
participate in GSoC and contribute to the software i daily use.

    Kindly let me know if someone is working on this idea or can i have a
chance to work on this idea.

Thank you,
Sandeep,
MS by Research,