[GRASS-dev] raster module for travel time calculations (updated)

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Fri May 10 13:52:26 PDT 2013

Hi Kristian,

On Sun, Dec 30, 2007 at 9:44 AM,  <jesbergwetter at arcor.de> wrote:
> Dear GRASS developers and users,
>
> I am using GRASS GIS for some hydrological applications. For some questions like flood prediction it is useful to estimate the travel time of surface water in a basin to the outlet. Therefor I've developed a raster program "r.traveltime" which calculates the travel time for each cell in a basin from outputs of r.watershed and r.fill.dir. There is much literature about this procedure available but there's a lag of available software (GRASS and even ArcGIS do not come with this function). The personal need an the lag of available programs were the reason for me to develop a new program for GRASS GIS. I am not a programming expert, so the program is very simple and far away from being perfect.
> I submitted this tool to the GRASS Wiki addon page.
>
> In November I have already posted r.traveltime to the GRASS weblist mailing list. Recently I've found some bugs in the program. I hope it works correctly now.
>
> r.traveltime is available here:
> http://home.arcor.de/jesbergwetter/main_sw.html
>
> Best regards
>
> Kristian Förster

Using the version in GRASS 6 Addons, I have made an attempt to port it to
GRASS GIS 7 in
http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/changeset/56190

I don't see any reasonable result with the provided example, in case
you are still listening here, would you be willing to check my
changes? (anybody else welcome too!)

thanks
Markus