[GRASS-dev] GRASS 6.4.3 release planning

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Sat May 11 13:23:17 PDT 2013

Hi all,

this just arrived:

On Sat, May 11, 2013 at 10:12 PM, Angelos Tzotsos <gcpp.kalxas at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> After the last round of e-mails about the base OS for OSGeoLive 7.0, this is
> the first alpha based on Xubuntu LTS 12.04.2:
> http://aiolos.survey.ntua.gr/gisvm/7.0/
> http://osprey.ucdavis.edu/downloads/osgeo/gisvm/gisvm/7.0alpha1/
>
> I think it is a good time for projects to start updating their installers.

... I hope that we don't miss the train again to get 6.4.3 into the upcoming
OSGeoLive release...

On Thu, May 2, 2013 at 2:19 PM, Hamish <hamish_b at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Markus N wrote:
>> What's missing,
>
> here's my wish list of things to get done before 6.4.3-final-
> all are either almost done, has-a-patch, or should-be-easy:

ok, so let's just conclude it then...:

> #1428: still some missing some dlls (were in earlier pkges)
https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/1428
-> It changed from potentially illegal to "perhaps these will fail", so not
    critical for the release

(meanwhile fixed: #1727, #1946, #1554)

https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/1849

> #1952: package 'more.exe' with msys (pager for g.list)
https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/1952
-> enhancement, so not critical for the release

https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/1936

> #854: building addons on Mac (assume we can handle post-release in pkg'ing)
https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/854
-> unclear state (to me)

> I didn't make it past the first two pages of 6.x tickets, but 25 tickets
> able to be closed in the past day is pretty good progress. :)

Right. Time to release in order to think about 6.4.4 then (and 7 of course).

> have a look
> all grass 6 bugs:  https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/report/16
> all wingrass bugs: https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/report/14
> all wxgui bugs:    https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/report/15