[GRASS-dev] v.db.* issues

Allar Haav allar.haav at gmail.com
Thu May 16 00:48:48 PDT 2013

Hi,

I encountered an issue with some database modules in WinGRASS 7
(revision 56269). If I add a vector layer to the display, several v.db.*
modules give me an error, such as:
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "C:\OSGeo4W\apps\grass\grass-7.0.svn\etc\gui\wxpython
\lmgr\frame.py", line 737, in OnMenuCmd

cmd = self.GetMenuCmd(event)
   File "C:\OSGeo4W\apps\grass\grass-7.0.svn\etc\gui\wxpython
\lmgr\frame.py", line 722, in GetMenuCmd

input = GUI().GetCommandInputMapParamKey(cmdlist[0])
   File "C:\OSGeo4W\apps\grass\grass-7.0.svn\etc\gui\wxpython
\gui_core\forms.py", line 2306, in
GetCommandInputMapParamKey

tree =
etree.fromstring(gtask.get_interface_description(cmd))
   File "C:\OSGeo4W\apps\grass\grass-7.0.svn\etc\python\grass
\script\task.py", line 461, in get_interface_description

"\n\nDetails: %(det)s") % { 'cmd' : cmd, 'det' :
decode(cmderr) }
grass.script.core
.
ScriptError
:
Unable to fetch interface description for command
'v.db.addtable'.
Details: C:\OSGeo4W\bin\python.exe: can't open file
'v.db.addtable': [Errno 2] No such file or directory

However, when I remove the vector layer from display then I have no
problem. It seems that this behaviour occurs only with those v.db.*
modules that are in the menu Database>Vector Database connections, apart
from the very last one there (v.db.connect).
I suspect this has also something to do with my other problem I only
recently began to have. Namely, v.db.addtable doesn't work for me in
Python scripts.

Not long ago I associated all .py and .pyc files in Windows to
pythonw.exe in C:\OSGeo4W\bin\. That's the only bigger change I've been
making and that should (I guess) have positive effects for GRASS.
Running Windows 7 (64bit).

Regards,
Allar