[GRASS-dev] wxGUI GRASS 7: how to drape a map over a DEM?

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Sat May 25 13:25:28 PDT 2013

On Sat, May 25, 2013 at 5:47 PM, Markus Neteler <neteler at osgeo.org> wrote:
> On Sat, May 25, 2013 at 2:17 PM, Anna Petrášová <kratochanna at gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>> On Fri, May 24, 2013 at 1:03 PM, Markus Neteler <neteler at osgeo.org> wrote:
>>>
>>> hi,
>>>
>>> I fail to drape a map over a DEM in the wxGUI of GRASS 7... (Linux).
>>>
>>> Any pointers how to achieve that? The view is just empty...
>>

>> So the problem is that wxNviz is not working? Please read NOTE on man page
>> [1] and follow the instructions.
>
> Oh, thanks, I overlooked this hint. Added to
> http://grasswiki.osgeo.org/wiki/WxNviz#Troubleshooting
>
> Will try again,

... no change... nothing is drawn.

The NC exercise is:

# set computational region to map
g.region rast=elev_lid792_1m -p

r.watershed elevation=elev_lid792_1m accumulation=flowacc

- load both elev_lid792_1m and flowacc into Layer Manager
- 3D view: wxNVIZ

... (for me) it does not show the perspective view.

Markus