[GRASS-dev] r.stats area question

Eric Goddard egoddard1010 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 13 11:09:17 PST 2013

Hi all,

Quick question regarding the units of area output from r.stats. the -a
flag specifies the output area to be printed in square meters. The
manual, however, says:

Area statistics are given in units of square meters and/or cell counts.

and:

If a single map layer is specified on the command line, a list of
areas in square meters (assuming the map's coordinate system is in
meters) for each category in the raster map layer will be printed...

My coordinate system is in U.S. Feet (I know, I know...we're still in
the dark ages). The numbers do appear to be meters, but I just wanted
to confirm that the output isn't in feet because of the "assuming the
map's coordinate system is in meters" part.

Thanks,
Eric