[GRASS-dev] Exporting maps as multilayer GeoTIFF - layer limit?

Nikos Alexandris nik at nikosalexandris.net
Mon Nov 25 01:17:35 PST 2013

Markus Neteler wrote:

> the file is also generated here but the layers are of value 0.0
> starting with layer 145...
> I used gdalinfo -mm geotiff to find out. Also using latest SVN version
> here, recompiled after distclean.

Here it works:

gdalinfo multilayer.tif -nogcp -noct -nomd -mm | head -35 | tail -4

Band 1 Block=1x1 Type=Float64, ColorInterp=Gray
    Computed Min/Max=1.001,1.001
Band 2 Block=1x1 Type=Float64, ColorInterp=Undefined
    Computed Min/Max=1.002,1.002
..

gdalinfo multilayer.tif -nogcp -noct -nomd -mm | tail -5

    Computed Min/Max=1.363,1.363
Band 364 Block=1x1 Type=Float64, ColorInterp=Undefined
    Computed Min/Max=1.364,1.364
Band 365 Block=1x1 Type=Float64, ColorInterp=Undefined
    Computed Min/Max=1.365,1.365

Nikos