[GRASS-dev] Handling of Python scripts on MS Windows

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Mon Oct 7 11:54:03 PDT 2013

Martin Landa wrote:

> @Glynn: please revert your revert or find a time to implement better solution.

First, someone would need to explain the problem. "Doesn't work" isn't
sufficient. Nor is "I have a problem and this makes it work for me".

To start with, it needs to be established that Python is actually
installed correctly. To this end, I need to see the output from the
shell commands:

	assoc .py
	ftype python.file
	echo %PATHEXT%

Then, I would need to see the result of running a python script from
the shell (that's cmd.exe in a console window, not bash, or anything
running in MSys' rxvt, or the GUI's "command line").

If that works, but running the script from the GUI doesn't, then the
problem is in the GUI and any fix belongs in the GUI (and not e.g.
lib/python).