[GRASS-dev] r.in.lidar tuning

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Mon Oct 7 13:47:30 PDT 2013

On Mon, Oct 7, 2013 at 8:28 AM, Markus Metz
<markus.metz.giswork at gmail.com> wrote:
> Markus Neteler wrote:
>
>> PS: if the LAS file is not accessible, r.in.lidar happily segfaults.
>> My attempts to fix that were yet unsuccessful.
>

> Fixed in r57951,2 for [r|v].in.lidar

Thanks!

One more wish comes to mind (indeed, I started cross-porting but :-)

v.in.lidar comes with a filter (which should perhaps be generalized to
the nth return; or, the last *is* the nth return but then "mid" could
be more than one in this case?):

    filter   Only import points of selected return type
              If not specified, all points are imported

which would be great for r.in.lidar as well to avoid that I need to
split the file with las2las beforehand.

markusN