[GRASS-dev] r.in.lidar tuning

Markus Metz markus.metz.giswork at gmail.com
Tue Oct 8 07:31:46 PDT 2013

Markus Neteler wrote:

> One more wish comes to mind (indeed, I started cross-porting but :-)
>
> v.in.lidar comes with a filter (which should perhaps be generalized to
> the nth return; or, the last *is* the nth return but then "mid" could
> be more than one in this case?):

Yes, for n returns, the first return is number 1, the last return is
the nth return and mid returns are all returns in between, i.e. none
for 2 returns. Choosing the nth return does not make sense to me.

>     filter   Only import points of selected return type
>               If not specified, all points are imported
>
> which would be great for r.in.lidar as well to avoid that I need to
> split the file with las2las beforehand.

Why would you want to do filtering? The r.in.lidar methods min, max,
mean, median, percentile are not sufficient?

Markus M