[GRASS-dev] Ampersand and required behavior of module option's guisection

Vaclav Petras wenzeslaus at gmail.com
Wed Oct 9 09:17:52 PDT 2013

Hi,

I've noticed that the ampersand character is interpreted strangely when it
is in the `guisection` property of module option, e.g.:

#% guisection: Files & format

is added for the following options in the m.proj module

G_OPT_F_INPUT

G_OPT_F_OUTPUT

G_OPT_F_SEP

However, the resulting section in the wxGUI generated module form/dialog is
`Files format`. Is & interpreted in some special way, e.g. for translation?
I was not exploring this more since the number of involved parts is high
and I hope that someone might have better overview.

Moreover, if you look at the generated form you can see that `input` is
still in required, although G_OPT_F_INPUT has guisection specified. This
seems that unless you explicitly specify `required: no` guisection is
ignored.

I must say that I was not even trying to find some documentation for this
since these things are usually under-documented. Thus I don't know if this
behavior is bug or a feature.

Vaclav