[GRASS-dev] [GRASS GIS] #2102: Digitize doesn't delete records in the attribute table when merging features.

GRASS GIS trac at osgeo.org
Tue Oct 15 03:03:13 PDT 2013

#2102: Digitize doesn't delete records in the attribute table when merging
features.
-------------------------+--------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  hcho         |       Owner:  grass-dev@…
     Type:  defect       |      Status:  new
      Cpu:  Unspecified  |
-------------------------+--------------------------------------------------
 I'm not sure if this is an intended behavior of the vector digitizer. I
 had 130 features in a vector map and digitized to delete and merge some
 features into one. After all this, I expected only one record in the
 attribute table, but I still had the 130 (pg driver). Merging multiple
 features didn't ask me which record to assign to the new feature, so it
 kind of makes sense that the digitizer didn't do anything to the attribute
 table because it doesn't know which one to take. Am I supposed to manually
 manipulate the attribute table?

 I didn't try other tools, but do others do the same thing?

 Thanks.
 Huidae

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/2102>