[GRASS-dev] natural neighbor in G7?

Martin Landa landa.martin at gmail.com
Tue Apr 8 05:03:45 PDT 2014

Hi all,

potentially I have a student who could spend some time on this topic.
Currently we have for G6 an addons module (bash script) [1] which
depends on nn-c library [2]. This library is distributed under MIT
licence, but partly it's depending on tringle library [3] (Delaunay
triangulation) which is not really open source.

I see three possible options:

1) create new GRASS lib for nn from scratch (this is probably to much
for student work)
2) use open source lib which has nn implemented, eg. CGAL [4]. This
would require a new dependency for GRASS. CGAL is very powerful
library and could be probably used by other modules in the future.
3) use nn-c and replace triangle lib by open source solution (in GRASS
we have Delaunay triangulation so probably it could be reused?) nn-c
is distributed under MIT licence so it could be probably integrated to
the main code as an extenal library (lib/external) if I am right...

Any ideas? Thanks in advance, Martin

[1] http://grasswiki.osgeo.org/wiki/AddOns/GRASS_6#r.surf.nnbathy
[2] http://code.google.com/p/nn-c/
[3] http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~quake/triangle.html