[GRASS-dev] Handling of Python scripts on MS Windows

Jürgen E. Fischer jef at norbit.de
Sun Apr 13 11:32:56 PDT 2014

Hi Moritz,

On Sun, 13. Apr 2014 at 17:03:17 +0200, Moritz Lennert wrote:
> On 11/04/14 13:05, Martin Landa wrote:

> >> That way you could use the stock sources and wouldn't have to use patches
> >> when packaging (which would have been my pragmatic approach to solve the
> >> issue at hand without risking that someone pulls a Glynn on it ;)).

> I don't think this a very helpful attitude. This whole debate is not about
> one bad guy keeping the rest of the good guys from moving forward.  First of
> all, Glynn is not alone in his position.

I couldn't resist to express some dislike about instantly reverting potentially
useful stuff without having a better solution - but en passant.

But discussing attitude doesn't help with running .py scripts on windows.
Martin probably didn't quote that part, because he knew better than us.

But that's was what started this thread - and to me that's still what it is
about.  I agree that this aspect wasn't too helpful, but it wasn't my main
point, otherwise I wouldn't have posted anything - it also had a pointer to a
potentially better approach.

And IMHO the broader topics would have been better addressed in (a) separate
thread(s) and not side-track this one.  Your original problem got out of focus,
but still isn't solved, is it?

Jürgen

--
Jürgen E. Fischer         norBIT GmbH               Tel. +49-4931-918175-31
QGIS PSC member (RM)      Germany                      IRC: jef on FreeNode

Rheinstrasse 13, 26506 Norden