[GRASS-dev] Handling of Python scripts on MS Windows

Vaclav Petras wenzeslaus at gmail.com
Sun Apr 13 22:12:50 PDT 2014

On Sun, Apr 13, 2014 at 12:52 PM, Benjamin Ducke <benducke at fastmail.fm>wrote:

> But please: Let's keep (minor) version-specific Python support
> and all of its associated problems out of the core release.
>
> I really believe that this whole conundrum was caused by not
> taking that step earlier.

The problem is caused by not clear selection of Python, its DLL and
packages in GRASS session, so than two Python installations can be mixed.
This together with *internal* incompatibility between Python minor versions
causes the problem. One of the following minor Python versions fixed this
internal incompatibility.