[GRASS-dev] Color tables issues

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Mon Apr 21 13:39:15 PDT 2014

On Fri, Apr 4, 2014 at 4:29 AM, Vaclav Petras <wenzeslaus at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just had three issues with color table.
>
> 1) First, I did not see anything when I showed the output of r.stats.zonal
> in map display:
>
> r.stats.zonal base=basin_10K cover=aspect method=sum output=test
> d.rast test
>
> But the values were ok, so I realized I that the preset color table is wrong
> and I need to set my own.

The current behaviour seems to be

        if (Rast_read_colors(covermap, "", &colors) > 0)
            Rast_write_colors(output, G_mapset(), &colors);

> 2) It worked, however, the color table pictures were not in the r.colors
> dialog. Note: I had freshly compiled trunk after make distclean (outside
> GRASS session).
>
> So, I went to raster/r.colors and run make inside GRASS session. I got the
> color tables.

Hopefully solved by Martin the other day:

http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/changeset/59820
http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/changeset/59821

> 3) In the meantime, I noticed that color tables thumbnails are in docs which
> is bad when some Linux distribution has the separate package for docs
> (recently noted on mailing list).

Perhaps we need them twice:
- in docs/html/colortables/ (as now)
- in GISBASE/etc/colortables/