[GRASS-dev] GRASS website temporarily down

Martin Landa landa.martin at gmail.com
Fri Apr 25 00:39:22 PDT 2014

Hi,

> Hamish wrote:
>>> the grass website and wiki are both temporarily down due to a full disk. Hope to
>>> have it back up ASAP,it should be a quick fix after we figure out what's to
>>> blame.
>>
>> ok, they are back up now.
>
> what seems to have happened is the "grass_addons.sh" cron job that compiles the addons (or extracts strings for translating?) got stuck in a loop building the help page for /home/martinl/src/grass-addons/grass6/raster/r.rdfilter/r.rdfilter.py.

no, it's generating modules.xml files used by g.extension [1].

> I'm not sure why it happened this time, but we should either figure out what caused it or switch off the cron job before it happens all over again, probably tomorrow night. I manually killed the job that got stuck.

I will turn off the job.

> Ideally, future builds could be run on a dedicated build server away from anything important. I think there's already wide acknowledgment of the need for that in OSGeo SAC. Note there is also currently the adhoc VM for things that may be risky or low priority, but be kind to the disk i/o as that is shared among all the other VMs on the same host.

OK, it was discuss in the past with result that such cronjob is OK.
Things are changing, I can move the job to our servers and propagate
to grass.osgeo.org just resultant xml files...

Martin

[1] http://grass.osgeo.org/addons/