[GRASS-dev] Handling of Python scripts on MS Windows

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Mon Apr 28 00:37:02 PDT 2014

On 27/04/14 22:52, Markus Metz wrote:
> I do not understand this ongoing discussion on WinGRASS7+Python. My
> proposed solution caters for all possibilities, in particular:
>
> - an existing incompatible .py file assocation
> [add your workaround here]
>
> - changes in any existing .py file association after GRASS has been installed
> [add your check-at-startup-mechanism here]

I think we just have to agree to disagree on this at this stage, and
implement a solution that if not satisfying everyone, at least does not
dissatisfy anyone more than necessary.

 From the current discussion I take that the .bat file solution is one
that will satisfy those who want GRASS to "just work" on MS Windows
without putting any burden on the user. In order to not dissatisfy those
who do not want GRASS to impose a specific version of Python, it should
be easy to "switch" off the .bat file solution, i.e. by simply resetting
PATH and/or erasing the directory with the .bat files.

Can everyone agree on that solution (not meaning that you consider it
the best solution, but that you can live with it) ?

Moritz