[GRASS-dev] GRASS 7.0beta3 planning

Martin Zbinden martin.zbinden at gmail.com
Tue Aug 5 00:02:24 PDT 2014

Hi,

+1 to beta3. Maybe the announcement of it is a chance to update the
instructions on http://grass.osgeo.org/download/software/linux/ :

Linux Mint: "ppa:grassgis/grassgis-testing" doesn't exist. But
probably ppa from Ubuntu should work, too. (see remarks below)
Ubuntu: "ppa:grass/grass-stable" is ok.

Generally Ubuntu GRASS 7 is not working well together with parallel
grass_6.4.3-3 installation. Errors:
1) on installation: E:
/var/cache/apt/archives/grass-doc_6.4.3-4~trusty1_all.deb: Versuch,
"/usr/share/man/man1/r3.out.vtk.1grass.gz" zu überschreiben, welches
auch in Paket grass70-doc 7.0-3-30661~ubuntu14.04.1 ist.
2) when starting GRASS 70:
Unable to get GRASS version
bash: /usr/lib/grass70/etc/prompt.py: No such file or directory

I have to note that I'm working on Linux Mint with Ubuntugis unstable
repository. Self-compiled from beta2 source runs fine.

Thanks,
Martin
--
Martin Zbinden