[GRASS-dev] r.in.wcs, r.soillossbare: Added my first addons, issues with g.extension

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Sat Aug 9 21:43:45 PDT 2014

Hi Martin,

On Fri, Jul 25, 2014 at 10:50 AM, Martin Zbinden
<martin.zbinden at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> I just wanted to tell you that uploaded my first two addons for G7:
> - r.in.wcs : Import data for region from WCS-server
> - r.soillossbare: Calculate soilloss for bare soil according to
> Neteler & Mitasova, 2008 [1]
>
> Well, I'm open to read your feedback and learn from it. I know that it
> is not yet real GRASS 7 code as I wanted to maintain some
> G6-compatibility. Maybe I  should rewrite everything using pygrass.
>
> Generally it seems to install and work. Surely there are still some
> issues to solve.

Congrats for the submission to SVN!

> The first comes already during install:
>
> Fetching <r.in.wcs> from GRASS-Addons SVN (be patient)...
> Compiling...
> /bin/sh: 1: cannot create /usr/local/grass-7.0.0svn/locale/s
> criptstrings/r.in.wcs_to_translate.c: Directory nonexistent
> sed: couldn't flush stdout: Datenübergabe unterbrochen
> (broken pipe)
> make: [/usr/local/grass-7.0.0svn/locale/scriptstrings/r.in.w
> cs_to_translate.c] Fehler 2 (ignoriert)
> Installing...
> Updating metadata file...
> WARNING: No metadata available
> Installation of <r.in.wcs> successfully finished

I have no such issues on my Fedora box:

GRASS 7.0.0svn (europe_laea):~ > g.extension r.in.wcs
Fetching <r.in.wcs> from GRASS-Addons SVN (be patient)...
Compiling...
Installing...
Updating metadata file...
Installation of <r.in.wcs> successfully finished

GRASS 7.0.0svn (europe_laea):~ > g.extension r.soillossbare
Fetching <r.soillossbare> from GRASS-Addons SVN (be patient)...
Compiling...
Installing...
Updating metadata file...
Installation of <r.soillossbare> successfully finished
GRASS 7.0.0svn (europe_laea):~ >

> Why does g.extension try to write to /usr/local , although I just want
> to install for current user?

I have no idea, which OS are you using?

> Also, the minimal html doc has some
> encoding problem. I have created it just with --html-description flag.

It needs to be generated differently.
http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/wiki/Submitting/Docs#ModuleManualPages

You may just study the structure of an existing HTML page.

Best
Markus