[GRASS-dev] GRASS 7 add-ons on Mac OSX (10.9)

Michael Barton Michael.Barton at asu.edu
Fri Aug 15 10:03:50 PDT 2014

Johannes,

g.extension has regularly been iffy on the Mac in my experience, though it has been getting better. I’ve had better luck from the command line than the GUI too. Here are a couple of thoughts.

1. There is a problem with the extension. I’ve found a considerable number of extensions that will not install under particular GRASS versions or OS versions. Or they are just broken all round.

2. Did you see the note on my GRASS Mac site about updating Xcode and developer tools. Many extensions seem assume you are running Linux and have access to all Linux development tools, and whatever you need to compile GRASS from source. They can be made to work on a Mac but it can take some installation and massaging of the needed development tools.

Michael
______________________________
C. Michael Barton
Head, Graduate Faculty in Complex Adaptive Systems Science
Arizona State University
Tempe, AZ  85287-2402
USA

voice:  480-965-6262 (SHESC), 480-965-8130/727-9746 (CSDC)
fax:          480-965-7671(SHESC), 480-727-0709 (CSDC)
www:  http://csdc.asu.edu, http://shesc.asu.edu
http://www.public.asu.edu/~cmbarton

On Aug 15, 2014, at 8:07 AM, <grass-dev-request at lists.osgeo.org<mailto:grass-dev-request at lists.osgeo.org>> <grass-dev-request at lists.osgeo.org<mailto:grass-dev-request at lists.osgeo.org>> wrote: