[GRASS-dev] [GRASS GIS] #2395: Startup runs as in Cygwin when CYGWIN is set although running as native application

GRASS GIS trac at osgeo.org
Wed Aug 20 02:01:07 PDT 2014

#2395: Startup runs as in Cygwin when CYGWIN is set although running as native
application
------------------------------------------------------+---------------------
 Reporter:  wenzeslaus                                |       Owner:  grass-dev@…
     Type:  defect                                    |      Status:  new
      Cpu:  Unspecified                               |
------------------------------------------------------+---------------------

Comment(by zarch):

 Replying to [comment:3 hellik]:
 > it should be something (adapted to beta3) like

 [cut]

 a cleaned version could be:

 {{{
 # Variables substituted during build process
 cmd_name = "grass70"
 grass_version = "7.0.0svn"
 ld_library_path_var = 'PATH'
 gisbase = os.environ.get('GISBASE',
 "/c/OSGeo4W/apps/grass/grass-7.0.0svn")
 config_projshare = os.environ.get('GRASS_PROJSHARE',
 "/c/OSGeo4W/share/proj")
 }}}

 And I believe that variables: cmd_name and grass_version that at the
 moment are hard-coded should be defined in some more clever way.

 I'm not sure but I think that even the path: /c/OSGeo4W/ could/should be a
 variable in case that the user change the default installation directory.

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/2395#comment:6>
GRASS GIS <http://grass.osgeo.org>