[GRASS-dev] [GRASS GIS] #2510: v.db.addcolumn, bad parser syntax in script causes error, cascades to other modules

GRASS GIS trac at osgeo.org
Wed Dec 10 12:53:31 PST 2014

#2510: v.db.addcolumn, bad parser syntax in script causes error, cascades to other
modules
------------------------------------+---------------------------------------
 Reporter:  isaacullah              |       Owner:  grass-dev@…
     Type:  defect                  |      Status:  new
      Cpu:  x86-64                  |
------------------------------------+---------------------------------------
Changes (by neteler):

  * keywords:  parser, syntax, error, script => parser, v.db.addcolumn

Comment:

 Replying to [ticket:2510 isaacullah]:
 > Hi all,
 >
 >     In latest version of 7 from GRASS stable Ubuntu PPA archive,
 v.db.addcolumn is broken because of a change to the parser code in the
 script. The error is:

 > {{{
 > ERROR: Sorry, <map> is not a valid parameter
 > ERROR: Required parameter <output> not set:
 >       (Name for output vector map)
 > }}}

 Is it really the latest you are using there? We have made a major code
 cleanup, perhaps
 the package was created in the "transition days"?

 I just tried, works fine with the really current version:

 {{{
 GRASS 7.0.0svn (nc_spm_08_grass7):~ > v.db.addcolumn random column="el102
 double precision"
 GRASS 7.0.0svn (nc_spm_08_grass7):~ > g.version -g
 version=7.0.0svn
 date=2014
 revision=63285M
 build_date=2014-12-03