[GRASS-dev] GRASS 7 - Ubuntu package build problem on Launchpad

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Tue Dec 30 02:46:09 PST 2014

Hi all,

just tried to install GRASS GIS 7 on a freshly installed Ubuntu 12.4
box but it failed (see below). I thought the issue had been solved in
the past. Is my install sequence wrong which I took from the GRASS web
site?

ubuntu at gislab-nuc:~$ sudo add-apt-repository ppa:grass/grass-stable;
sudo apt-get update; sudo apt-get install grass70-core grass70-gui
grass70-doc
[sudo] password for ubuntu:
You are about to add the following PPA to your system:
 GRASS Packages for the development release branch.
This is currently Version 7.0
NOTE:
These packages are NOT the OFFICIAL stable and tested packages by
UBUNTU & DEBIAN GIS team.
UBUNTU packages are found here:
https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/grass
and UBUNTU GIS packages here:
* https://launchpad.net/~ubuntugis/+archive/ubuntugis-testing
* https://launchpad.net/~ubuntugis/+archive/ubuntugis-unstable
* https://launchpad.net/~ubuntugis/+archive/ppa
 More info: https://launchpad.net/~grass/+archive/ubuntu/grass-stable
Press [ENTER] to continue or ctrl-c to cancel adding it
gpg: keyring `/tmp/tmp4AsXPl/secring.gpg' created
gpg: keyring `/tmp/tmp4AsXPl/pubring.gpg' created
gpg: requesting key 26D57B27 from hkp server keyserver.ubuntu.com
gpg: /tmp/tmp4AsXPl/trustdb.gpg: trustdb created
gpg: key 26D57B27: public key "Launchpad PPA for GRASS GIS" imported
gpg: Total number processed: 1
gpg:               imported: 1  (RSA: 1)
OK
Hit http://it.archive.ubuntu.com precise Release.gpg
Hit http://extras.ubuntu.com precise Release.gpg
Hit http://it.archive.ubuntu.com precise-updates Release.gpg
Hit http://it.archive.ubuntu.com precise-updates/universe Translation-en
Hit http://it.archive.ubuntu.com precise-backports/main Translation-en
Hit http://it.archive.ubuntu.com precise-backports/multiverse Translation-en
Hit http://it.archive.ubuntu.com precise-backports/restricted Translation-en
Hit http://it.archive.ubuntu.com precise-backports/universe Translation-en
Fetched 23.3 kB in 4s (4,935 B/s)
Reading package lists... Done
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
or been moved out of Incoming.

 grass70-core : Depends: libgdal1h (>= 1.8.0) but it is not installable
                Depends: libgeos-c1 (>= 3.4.2) but it is not going to
be installed
                Depends: libproj0 (>= 4.8.0-1) but it is not going to
be installed
                Recommends: gdal-bin but it is not going to be installed
                Recommends: proj-bin but it is not going to be installed
ubuntu at gislab-nuc:~$

thanks for any hints,
Markus