[GRASS-dev] gui crashes G7

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Tue Dec 30 10:36:51 PST 2014

On Tue, Dec 30, 2014 at 7:23 PM, Margherita Di Leo <diregola at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm experiencing several GUI crashes in a row. Here's what I do:
>
> * Load a raster map in map layer.
> * Load a vector map (points) and customize symbol. Here an error message
> appears in terminal: (python:23987): Gtk-CRITICAL **:
> IA__gtk_widget_get_direction: assertion 'GTK_IS_WIDGET (widget)' failed

... this GTK problem happens on many systems with various software
packages. The internet is full of such reports, so it is probably not
an issue.

> * Add legend for raster map from GUI. Sometimes it crashes at this stages.
> Some other times it crashes the instant when I click on "Save display to
> file". It doesn't crash all the times but, say, 50% of the times.

No error message? Not even in the (wxGUI) console?

> Fedora 20
> GRASS 7.1.svn (r63559)
> wxPython-2.8.12.0-5
> Python 2.7.5
>
> Is anyone able to reproduce that or is it a local problem?
> Thank you

I have also Fedora 20, revision=63875M, works fine.
Be sure to run "make distclean" when recompiling. We made heavy changes lately.

Markus