[GRASS-dev] Fwd: [OSGeo-Discuss] OSGeo Google Summer of Code 2014 - ideas needed!

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 7 19:32:18 PST 2014

Martin wrote:

> thanks for hard work collecting the ideas.

agreed! thank you Vaclav (and Helena and Yann).

We have about one week before our ideas pages are reviewed by Google and they decide if they want to accept us as an org again or not, so everything must be ready by then. :)

a "willing to mentor: <name1>, <name2>" at the end of each idea is important for demonstrating interest from the dev pool.

my personal wish is again for a project to add SVG support to the d.* system and ps.map. :) In thinking about what projects to do, I'd be careful and reserve deep structural or architectural projects for existing student-devs with a deep knowledge of the code and existing community buy-in/flameproof clothing, and have new users to grass work on stand-alone modules or gui tools in the sandbox or addons svn.

thanks,
Hamish