[GRASS-dev] Handling of Python scripts on MS Windows

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Mon Feb 10 03:04:03 PST 2014

On 10/02/14 11:46, Markus Metz wrote:

>>> Just for my understanding: When you say hard-coded special treatment for
>>> shell scripts, are you speaking about the .bat files ?
>>
>> I think yes.
>
> Or more generally, any mechanism explicitly using %GRASS_PYTHON% script.py.

But as far as I've seen, this might not be sufficient since this only
indicates which Python executable to use for launching the Python
script, but any library calls linked to that execution will involve the
system-wide installed Python. Which is different from bash scripts,
where this is not an issue.

Moritz