[GRASS-dev] d.out.file

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 12 15:13:12 PST 2014

Anna wrote:
> I just added the support of exporting image from wxGUI and d.mon
> through command line. It does not support the advanced options of
> d.out.file in GRASS 64 (mainly because of different rendering
> mechanism). Testing (especially in d.mon) is welcome.

Hi Anna,

one very useful advanced option of the GRASS 6 d.out.file is the
output format geotiff, that way you can compose a scene and export
it, then reimport it as a georeferenced RGB image. Do we still have
a way of doing that?

The quadruple size is problematic for making poster sized output
since the grid, barscale, vector line overlays are still exported
as 1 px wide, which shrinks to 1/4 the size when you try and export
as high quality. The cairo and vector-based output drivers may help,
but the main solution I have for that is to encourage people to use
ps.map for when they want hi-res hardcopy outputs.

thanks,
Hamish