[GRASS-dev] GSoC ideas - vector legend, medial axis

Tereza Fiedlerová tfiedlerova at gmail.com
Thu Feb 20 00:08:30 PST 2014

Hello,

I'm thinking about participating in GSoC this year, if I find some
interesting topic. I went through GRASS GSoC ideas. The two most
interesting for me are Vector legend and Extracting the medial axis of
polygon. I would appreciate if anyone can give me more information to these
topics.

The first one is maybe described enough and I just need to study that more
to understand it better, but still anything more regarding that would be
appreciated.

The medial axis is not really clear to me. I know what is medial axis, but
I would like to know more about desired results. How it should be
integrated to GRASS (some new module?). Is it necessary to write it in C
(why not python)? Should the result algorithm extract the exact medial axis
or the approximation? ...

And one more question. Is any of these topics suitable for me if I am not
experienced in GRASS at all?

Thank you

Tereza Fiedlerová